Back Ground Idea ?  

     S Land Group  



Retirement is a concept that most have mixed feelings about. The end stage of the so-called working life is regarded with anticipation as well as apprehension. But in today’s modern age, retirement has acquired a new meaning which suits the needs and demands of the new generation of retirees. Today, retirement is all about the achievement of a healthy balance of work, learning and leisure. Of course, the next important question to consider might be; where on earth is the best place to retire? The best destination that can accommodate your concept of retirement will probably be your best option.

Four Hundred USD for monthly rent, efficient and convenient public facilities including transportation, water and electricity systems, an exotic array of gastronomic delights known the world over, medical services of international standards and at very reasonable costs, wellness activities such as spa and traditional foot and body massage, countless outdoor recreation activities, a perfectly safe environment, warm climate, pristine beaches, a great chance of finding your special someone, friendly locals, investment opportunities, easy retirement visas, all in accordance with the “sabaii-sabaii” or relaxed lifestyle. If this sounds like your dream place for retirement, then Thailand is definitely the place for you.

Each year, an average of 12 million people visit Thailand. They usually find themselves returning again and again. Many of them also consider returning to Thailand for good, a lot of them are eyeing to retire, live and work here. If you happen to be one of them, then you have come to the right place as we can help you make your dream come true as we can assist you with our legal services particularly those pertaining to Visa assistance and Immigration concerns.

Siam Legal shares your dream of settling in Thailand. As such, we offer you our comprehensive legal services aimed at ensuring you a hassle-free entry and retirement to the Land of Smiles, as Thailand is famously called. A foreigner traveling to Thailand needs a tourist visa to enter, and this is a somewhat straightforward process. When thinking about staying here for an extended time or possibly retiring here, it becomes more burdensome and this is where we can be of great help to you. Arranging for extended stays for whatever reasons they are made i.e. retirement, work, marriage/fiancé, real estate transaction, accounting, or setting up your own company, is just among the multifarious legal services our company specializes in.

Many of our clients had been visiting Thailand for several years and finally, made the leap and so far they never regretted it. Some live in Bangkok and do not miss owning a car, as the sky train system that is in place, rivals other similar ones for being so safe, reasonable, and efficient. Some live in the North of Thailand where life is quiet and peaceful. Others choose the South where beautiful beaches in areas like Phuket and Koh Samui abound.

Whether you choose to live in the north, south, east or west of the country, rest assured that our offices all over the Kingdom will be there to assist you on your legal concerns. For the meantime, please go over the outline of retiring in Thailand below and be guided accordingly.


If you want to retire in Thailand, you need a non-immigrant visa. Ideally, it should be acquired prior to your arrival in Thailand.

Siam International Legal Group can assist you in obtaining it in your home country or in nearby country near Thailand.

In addition, we can help you convert a tourist visa to non-immigrant visa inside Thailand but it can take up to 1 or 2 months for this conversion process.

Requirements for getting a non-immigrant visa outside Thailand::
1.50 years old of age or older
2.Passport (at least 1 year remaining until expiration)
3.Holding the nationality or permanent residence of country of application
4.Police Records Check
5.Certificate of Health
6.Proof of meeting financial requirement *
7.Bank letter showing funds or pension statement


1.Passport - copies of every page. Each copy must be signed by applicant
2.Non-Immigrant Visa
3.Departure Card TM.6
4.Proof of meeting financial requirement *
5.Thailand Bank book (original)
6.Letter from your Thai Bank
7.Medical Certificate (health exam administered by doctor at first class hospital)
8.Photos, three (3) in quantity which are 4 x 5 centimeters in size (not passport photos) with full face and taken wearing business attire (no hat and some jurisdictions require suit and tie). Must have been taken within six (6) months.


You have six months from your entry to Thailand to bring in from your home country your household items.

After you have been granted a permit to stay for a year in Thailand, your belongings will not be taxed. However, if your permit to stay is for less than one year, these items will be taxed 20% import duty plus 7% value-added tax.

The period of six months starts the date that you initially entered Thailand on the retirement visa O-A visa, regardless whether you leave or re-enter Thailand after that date.

However, the deadline is somewhat flexible. If your personal items are due to arrive in Thailand more than six months after the entry date, you should inform Customs about this at least two months before the six-month deadline.


"Visa" is issued outside of Thailand by a Thai Embassy or Consulate in which you request entry into the Kingdom of Thailand. Once allowed to enter the Kingdom, the Immigration Officer will stamp a date in your passport. This is referred to as your "Extension of Stay."

"Extension of Stay" is the time period you are allowed to remain in the Kingdom of Thailand. This is typically the date stamp in your passport by the Immigration Officer either after arriving in the Kingdom through a border checkpoint or issuance by the Immigration Police after a request for an extension of stay.

Many people misunderstand the difference between an extension of stay and re-entry permit much to their own disadvantage.

Your Retirement Visa expires when your Extension of Stay does

You will need to renew your stay in Thailand before your extension of stay expires. This can be done in Thailand.
If you cannot obtain your extension inside Thailand, you will have to get a new non-immigrant visa from a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad as explained above. Siam International Legal Group with its global presence can assist you in any country with renewing your visa.

Reporting your Stay every 90 days

You are required to report to Immigration Police every 90 days for persons on a long term extension of stay.

Persons holding a multiple entry visa will simply depart Thailand and renew their extension of stay after each 90 day entry. Our firm offers professional service with a yearly package to perform the task of the reporting to Immigration each 90 days.
Here is the key point:
Your "extension of stay" stamp is the controlling date. Everything is dependent on this date. Your re-entry permit is only valid until the date stamped in your passport to leave the country. Any re-entry permit you obtain will expire when your "extension of stay" expires.

If you depart the country without a re-entry permit, your "extension of stay" is invalidated. This is the key distinction so after going through the process of getting a longer period of time for your "extension of stay" please ensure your have a re-entry before departing Thailand.

Siam International Legal Group can assist you to obtain a single re-entry entry permit (one time use) or multiple re-entry permit (unlimited use).

S Land Development Co.,Ltd.
39/5 Mu 5, Nongplalai, Banglamung, Cholburi 20150 Tel : +66(0)38 234 295 Fax : +66(0)38 234 296
This site is best viewed at 1024 x 768 screen resolution with Internet Explorer 6.0
Copyright © 2010 S Land Development Co.,Ltd. All rights reserved.
Contact Us :